Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Recipe worth trying!

so... I have always thought of myself as a "stay at home mom who cooks pretty often"! Well, we are going thru Dave Ramscey's Financial Peace Course and I am beginning to understand why my husband is such a fanatic when it comes to budgeting, saving and our money. ( I know that some of my family- mainly my brother=) think that Dave is a little fanatical and I can see where he gets it from but I also have enjoyed learning from him- atleast I am not bored listening to the DVDs. I have always been thankful that he is such a good money manager (after all- his good management has helped me stay home with my son, but this course has taught me A LOT about 401Ks, insurance (the different types), saving, budgeting, etc. It has been fantastic! So now I am even more on board and where I used to just run by fast food when I was tired and out around lunchtime, I am now heading home! (Don't worry- I am still enjoying an occasional time out eating lunch with family or friends) Anyways- I have also been on the hunt for yummy, easy recipes ( as easy as possible considering I have a VERY busy toddler under my care!!) Here is one recipe that some friends of ours- the Hayhoe family shared and I tried it out last Thursday- ABSOLUTELY delicious- will definitely be making this one again in the very near future.... maybe next week=) =) and if I hear or find any other recipes worth sharing- I will definitely pass them on! If you try this meal- let me know what you think!!!

Chicken with Creamy Chive Sauce

1 ½ lb chicken strips or breasts

2 T butter

1 package Italian salad dressing mix

1 can golden mushroom soup

½ cup dry white wine

½ of an 8oz tub lite cream cheese with chives and onion

Hot cooked whole wheat pasta

Place chicken in 3 or 4 quart slow cooker.

Melt butter in saucepan; stir in dry Italian dressing, soup, wine, and cream cheese.

Pour over chicken

Cover and cook on low setting 4-5 hours (or bake at 325 for one hour)

3 comments:

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

I love new recipes!! I do not like feeling like we are eating the same thing over and over. Thanks for posting this one. We are trying to make a habit of eating at home more too...it does save money!

The Severances said...

I may try this recipe tomorrow! We are also BIG on budgets in our family. I hope we can take a course like that soon. Would Thursday work to get together this week?

Casey said...

OOh I love a new crockpot recipe! Thanks!