I can not believe how slack I have been with blogging lately- a few reasons though...
1. Tallon is NOT into cameras right now- he will be doing something sooo funny or cute and I will grab the camera and he will instantly say "NO Mommy" and try to grab the camera from me!
2. We have had several "sick" days lately- Tallon has had lots of runny noses and a bad cough and the past 2 afternoons- he has broken out in HIVES- YIKES!!!
3. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law take WAY better pictures!! so I find myself often relying on their pictures to capture whatever even we are at!!
all that to say.... I will try to be better at taking pictures because this boy is growing up sooo fast!!
Now that I have gotten that out of the way.....
A few things I want to share about Tallon and this "stage" of his life!
1) He is TOTALLY into his daddy!!! ( this has been quite frustrating for mommy when daddy is at work and she goes to get Tal after his nap and he tells her "No, I want Daddy!"
2) He is EXTREMELY Active- he is constantly running, hopping or jumping!
3) He officially has the "toddler eating habits"- you know- not eating some meals and than all of a sudden deciding he is hungry and eating everything in sight!
4) Favorite food item right now- Lollipops ( I know, I know- they are not very nutritous!)
5) He is now in his "big boy bed" ( I will post pictures soon). My parents are letting us borrow my brothers old twin bed and I almost have his room finished! it is turning out soooo cute and very boyish!!
6) Tal has learned how to open doors and maneuver the kitchen table chairs to wherever and whatever he wants to reach. for example- he can slide the kitchen chair to our pantry, open the door, turn on the light and reach the lollipop bag! Seriously- where did he figure all this out- he is ONLY 2!!
We always shut his door at night so if by chance he wakes up- he won't come running into our room but will fall back asleep. Well, this morning we heard him wake up and move about and the next thing I know- I hear Tallon in the den. Yes, he has now figured out how to open his door.... this could be interesting! We might have to check into other options if he does not stay in his bed in the middle of the night!
7) He is attempting to potty train~ YIKES YIKES YIKES- I really was not interested in doing this until he was 3 BUT he has a fun older cousin who is potty trained and Tallon has picked up A LOT from Makgill ( Thanks Makgill- I need ALL the help I can get with potty training because I have NO CLUE what I am doing). soo- we have bought a potty seat and he has learned how to go in the potty- NOW- he is pretty good about going every night before we put him in bath tub and he is soo proud of himself, the problem is during the day- he is just too busy playing to tell me he has to go and so we miss opportunities. I am debating whether I should get "serious" and really try to potty train or just sort of wait a few months ( until Spring) when I can let him run around the yard naked to potty train! ( Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts are welcome!=))
8) Tal is starting to talk in sentences and it is soo funny to hear what comes out of his mouth!
When you ask him how he spells his name- he now says "T"- HOORAY, we have the first letter down!!
We are still working on Please and Thank you- I still have to give lots of prompting!
8) We are cont to see his "sin nature" and I feel like we have been more consistant with discipline. This has been difficult figuring out what he understands and figuring out how to get him to realize what he did is wrong and NOT to do it again. I have a feeling this discipline thing is going to take LOTS of energy and time!! I am cont to pray that God would give us wisdom, patience and LOTS of love and energy to discipline this child correctly and in a way that Glorifies Him and points Tallon toward Him and his need for a Savior!
9) TRUCKS, TRUCKS, TRAINS, Tractors and did I say TRUCKS!! Tallon points out EVERY single truck we pass on the road and expects you to acknowledge the truck as well! We spend LOTS of time playing crash with his trucks and driving them all around the house!! Oh- I DO love this little boy!!
10) Family- we feel so blessed that God brought us back to Florence ( although I still miss some parts of Dallas)- but I love to hear my son ask for our family members by name and request to see them- He actually KNOWS his grandparents and I love that!! He often talks about Mak (Makgill), Clara Beth, Boom-Boom and LiLi ( and of course Gabby- their dog) and Pop and Mimi. Just this week- I clearly heard Tallon say Hi PAPA ( his great grandad) as we drove up to their house! He also adores Nana and Bama ( their dog). I am looking forward to him getting to spend quality time with my sister and her husband and my brother and his wife these upcoming holidays as he does not get to see them as often as his other aunts and uncles ( who he LOVES to spend time and play with!!!
We are extremely thankful to have family members that love Tallon and enjoy playing with him- even if it is blocks and crashing trucks!
1 funny story- we have soo far survived without having any toilet paper thrown around our house, but this morning, Reeves and I were getting ready to head to my parents house for lunch in our room. We could hear Tallon running back and forth ( but this is very normal in my house) so I did not think anything of it- well, when we walked out into the kitchen- we saw it- Toilet paper strewn throughout our hallway, kitchen and den. Oh- The joys of boys and toddlerhood!!