Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cannon Beach Week

My camera has been acting really funny lately- a few weekends ago- we went to my cousin's wedding in Mississippi and it would not work- I thought that I had used up the life of my rechargeable batteries so when we got back home- I immediately went and bought new batteries. Well- ever since than- even with new batteries that are FULLY charged- my camera won't let me take any pics- the screen keeps flashing up "Change batteries"!!! YIKES~ I sure do hope we can figure out the problem. I love being able to take pics and really missed out on some fun ones of our time with Reeves's family this past week. Thankfully, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in-laws ALL had camera's and have graciously allowed me to use their pictures on our blog. Thank you Aron for letting me borrow some of your pictures- you ( and Collin too), both are fantastic photographers and I always love the images you grab of my son and our family!! Thank you for being willing to photograph my child too!!!! Be sure to check out their blog for even more fantastic pics depicting our week at Ocean Isle!!

I have never been to Ocean Isle before but Reeves grew up vacationing there and kept telling me how much I was going to love it. Well..... he was right. Reeves's parents rented an AWESOME house on a canal ( which you could SWIM in at high tide- sooo fun), it had a pier that allowed the kids to FISH ( one of Tal's favorite activities of the week) and a pool ( we spent lots of afternoons hanging out at the pool)- sooo fun!!! PLUS- the BEACH was only a few blocks away. Tallon swam, played, laughed, cried, ate LOTS of food, napped and headed straight back out to the water or pier to fish. He is 1 exhausted little boy ( and I am pretty sure my neice and nephew are pretty worn out also!!) I love having the 3 kids soo close in age -Makgill- 4 yrs, Tallon ( almost 3) and Clara Beth- 2 yrs. They really loved swimming and fishing together, chasing each other and just hanging out. Nothing like family!!!

I just "borrowed" a few of Aron and Collin's pics to show you a small taste of our week at the beach!

Reeves and Makgill throwing the ball on the beach!
Sweet, Spunky Clara Beth!

Fishing on the pier- The boys actually got really good at casting their rods

Swimming in the canal-
I am not usually a huge fan of swimming in the ocean but the canal
was so refreshing to jump into in the afternoons!

My happy boy playing in the sand
( see Aron's blog for pics of what shortly happened afterward!)

I think I transferred this pic funny- but Tallon loved playing with Makgill!


The whole Cannon Crew hanging out on the beach 1 evening after dinner~


The guys (and Clara Beth) buried Uncle Collin and Makgill 1 morning~

My child rarely eats fruit- especially apples but I would carry an apple with me to the beach to eat each morning and quickly had Tallon and Clara Beth asking for some.
I learned to carry 2 apples- 1 for me, 1 for Tal and Clara Beth to share!
The Grangers came down for a night and Lilah got in on the apple sharing also=)


I think this might be my new FAVORITE PICTURE OF TALLON!
Thank you Collin!!


Thanks again LiLi, Boom- Boom, Andrew, Erin, Collin, Aron, Makgill and Clara Beth
for a fantastic week hanging out at the beach
and
for all the attention, hugs and love you shared with Tallon!!

1 comment:

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

Looks like you all had so much fun and I bet it was so relaxing. Glad you had a good vacation!