Saturday, January 10, 2009

Life

Just for the faithful 1 or 2 of you who I know want to see some updated pictures.....


First- the big brother
We signed Tallon up for swim lessons starting next Saturday ( he is going to be in a class with 1 of his friends ). so I wanted to make sure he was not afraid of the water- last summer- it took him a while to warm back up to the pool! I was glad we did this... sure enough.... it took about 15 min of Tallon watching several boys throwing a ball around and swimming and Daddy coaxing him to get in and finally- he found this little duck thing that he could hold onto and off he went. IT was not long and he was ALL over the pool-kicking and completely free of daddy's hold (although daddy was nearby!!) It was nice to do something as a family (although Tess and I just watched from the sidelines!! He was worn out and is already asking to go again today...
We have had a good week overall- still working on trying to get some sleep around here, but as I have been told-- we do have a newborn so what do we expect!! Thursday night was rough, but I managed to keep Tess awake for several periods during the morning and afternoon yesterday and last night was actually better- she slept from 10:30 until 3 and than went back down at 4 and slept til 7 AM. not too bad- she seems to want to wake up after her middle of the night feeding for some reason!!


Daddy with his kiddosand because I realized I don't have very many pictures of Tess and me !


Look who found her Thumb!!!!!
and.... She smiled at me several times ( well, THREE TIMES) yesterday afternoon!! It was absolutely the sweetest smile and I am already ready for some more!!

7 comments:

gillian said...

way to go Tallon!!! that's awesome! glad to see some new pics!

Mimi said...

These are great!

Love you all

Aron said...

I keep forgetting to call about swim lessons! ARGH!!!

Loved this post! I hope she is a thumb-sucker!

Erin and Andrew said...

Great pictures. I love the one of Tess sucking her thumb. So sweet!

Mike & Liz said...

Thanks for keeping me updated...I do check almost everyday. Tallon looks great in the pool, he is going to have so much fun at the lake this year. Miss you and love y'all

Mike & Liz said...

and I forgot to say you need to post a pic of Tess' smile

Jennie said...

Carlisle is having a swim party in a few weeks, so Tal will love it! Jan 31st at 11:00, mark your calender! :) Love you girl.